BUYERS START HERE
Where do I start?
First, sign up to be on our buyers email list in the pop-up window so you know when we have new listings that you might want to check out.
Next, we'd recommend you take some time and listen to Dr. Robin's Dentistry Rising podcast Straight Talk episodes on what kind of practice you may want to look for, also be sure to check out in the information in the boxes below. You can find Dentistry Rising on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify and many other podcast players.
Specific episodes you may want to listen to include:
Episode #1: Gordon Christensen: The future of dentistry is bright!
Episode #2: Matt Christie of Bank of America: What lenders look for in a buyers.
Episode #5: Successful dentists aren’t gifted, they know what to look for in a practice to buy
Episode #12: STOP! Do you really want to buy that practice?
Episode #33: What you should be looking for in a practice you want to consider purchasing.
Here is a list of the kinds of practices you probably want to look for:
1. Buy a practice with a lot of goodwill.
2. Buy a practice that is run like a business.
3. Buy a practice that is profitable.
6. Buy a practice from a seller you like.
7. Make sure you have a very similar philosophy of dentistry as the seller.
8. Buy a practice where hygienists and any associates are appropriately profitable, as well as the rest of the office.
A list of practices you probably want to avoid. I call them "Red Flag Practices"
1. A small practice.
I’m talking about collection numbers, not physical space.
2. A practice that is less than 10 years old.
The first question I’d ask is: Why is the seller selling?
3. A practice where the seller has other offices, or is not retiring.
Click here to read the FULL blog post
Dr. Robin only represents sellers. But, we can give you some good referrals if you would like.
What if I find a practice I like, through Select Practice Services or another broker,
can Dr. Robin represent me?
Click here to view our current listings